Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Matariki Stars in New Zealand

WALA:MATARIKI
This week is known as Matariki and marks the beginning of the Maori New Year.
Matariki is the name of the Pleiades star cluster and the season of its first rising in late May or early June, which is taken as the beginning of the Maori new year.
Traditionally, it was a time for remembering the dead, and celebrating new life. In the 21st century, observing Matariki has become popular again. Heaven-bound kites, hot-air balloons and fireworks help mark the occasion.

My feelings about this article is happy because I've been learning lots about matariki. I felt happy that I get to learn more.The challenge for me today was trying to learn more and more about matariki.The part I like the most about this article is how many facts there was in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment