Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

Worlds Funniest Joke

The funniest one-liner from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival has been announced.
A panel of comedy critics spent a week watching shows at the largest arts festival in the world which runs for most of August.
They compiled a shortlist of the 15 best one-liners which were then voted on by the public to determine the winner.
The winner was Ken Cheng because of his joke about A coin...
“I’m not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.”
The other jokes that made it onto the shortlist were:
• “I’ve given up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?” – Alexei Sayle
• “I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the ‘brella’. But he hesitated.” – Andy Field
• “I’m rubbish with names. It’s not my fault, it’s a condition. There’s a name for it…” – Jimeoin
• “I have two boys, 5 and 6. We’re no good at naming things in our house.” – Ed Byrne
• “I wasn’t particularly close to my dad before he died … which was lucky, because he trod on a landmine.” – Olaf Falafel
• “As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting; but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer.” – Adele Cliff
The competition has now been running for 10 years. Here are some of the previous winners:
• “My dad has suggested that I register for a donor card. He’s a man after my own heart.” – Masai Graham
• “I’ve decided to sell my Hoover … well, it was just collecting dust.” – Tim Vine
• “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.” – Nick Helm
• “Hedgehogs – why can’t they just share the hedge?” – Dan Antolpolski

No comments:

Post a Comment