Pages

Monday 9 April 2018

Talent Show Practice

On Thursday the 5th of April the Kia Manawanui was hosting a Talent Show to fundraise for our Camp. Before the night we had to perform, I was very nervous but excited at the sametime. I was nervous because I might mess up a move and ruin the dance but I was excited i'll get to have fun with my friends and also to make my family proud. When it was the next day (Talent Show Night) I was super nervous because we only had 1 block to practice and only 1 chance to get it right before the night. When it was our turn to go on the stage for dress rehearsals I felt really calm at first but when I picture in my head how many people there were gonna be I just got to scared and started messing up the moves. But then we got to do it again and on the next time I just cleared everything in my head and this time I just started to have fun and give it all I got. Later on that day we had to clean up the hall, set up the chairs and also hang balloons, and then it was time to go home and get prepared for the night.
Image result for talent show
On my way to school I decided to pick up a friend so I have someone on my side and that I wont be nervous. Once I stepped in the school hall I already felt butterflies in my stomach and hammers in my head. While me and my group was getting prepared we noticed that one of our group members wasn't here getting dressed but he was outside playing around. We needed to think of a plan because that one person affected because we had 5 people in a group and 2 people on the other side needed to be together and the other 2 were together and there was one in the middle. But since he left we were uneven. So we needed to come up with a plan, then my friend pointed out that 2 people should be in the middle and there will be 1 on each side.

Then it was time to start the performances and I was very scared. I went to have a peek in to the hall and it was full of people like I was in a concert. Then it was the first performance and the first performance was the kia manawanui syndicate. We were singing/dancing to a song called This is me, that we really practice hard for. When I got up I was so nervous because I was in the front row and I if make a mistake then I will make our performance look unpolished. After our performance we had to go in to the music room and we had to wait until it was our group to perform. The part of the night I never liked was that we weren't aloud to watch our friends performances but we were aloud to watch General Fiyah performances which was pretty cool. Then it was our group's turn to perform and when we got on stage everyone was cheering and clapping then the song started and we were scared, we mucked it up a little at first but everything went well. When we did our first dance move every started jumping around and cheering and I felt so happy.Image result for talent show

Then we performed our This is me song/dance and then the night was over, people started taking photos, some were buying food and others were on there way home. I felt really sad that the night ended and also really sad that we won't get to practise anymore. But I was really happy that we were still able to fundraise a lot of money and also happy that I was enjoying that moment with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment