Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Tai Chi and Kung Fu

Today we had Tai chi and Kung Fu. The name of our instructor was Mr Gordon. Mr Gordon has started Kung Fu in the 1900's. He has had black belts and has taught his daughter his special techniques. He has his own secret stances that can help him. We were told to stand in a straight line and to make sure you can not touch anybody. We started of with some breathing exercises that will help us relax. Then we had to lie down and put our feet together and try lift it up 35 millimetres.I found that very challenging because I don't usually exercise and im new to doing this move.After that we had to sit in a circle and we played an activity called "Reflection". In the game we have to stand up and say your name and then say one positive thing that happened and one negative thing that happened.

Then we had to say what random act of kindness you have done. I went second and I said my name and my favourite food was K.F.C and I hate brussel sprouts and then I forgot to say my random act of kindness.Random act of Kindness means doing something before someone tells you to do it.After that activity we had a word of the week and it was "RESPONSIBILITY". He told a story about someone who isn't responsible. Being responsible means able to have others to rely on you. Being responsible also means to have someone's trust for example if someone lends you their video game you have to be responsible and give it back how it was or better. One of the moves I learnt was the crane. TO do the crane you have to go on one leg and make sure the leg thats off the ground is bent.

 The second move I learnt was called the tiger pushing the mountain.To do that you have to form your hands in to tiger claws and pretend your pushing a mountain. The third move we learnt was protecting the heart. All these moves are important because it can help you protect yourself from danger.If someone comes and tries drag me to the park and they are squeezing my hand I can do one of the moves to break out and be free. I can also teach others what I have learnt so they can be more interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment