Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Rugby Training

IALT: Work on protecting the try line

Last night we had training and for training we were doing fitness. For fitness we were doing something called Broncos. In broncos there is a set of cones than we have to run to and back. The first cone was 10 metres far, the second cone was 30 metres far and then the last cone was 50 metres far. We had to run to all those cones and back, and we had to do it under 6 minutes. I finished 3rd and I was really proud of myself for not walking the whole time. After we did doing Broncos we had to work on our defense line, and during that little drill we had to protect everyone from scoring the try. When the biggest runner in out team was running, everyone was scared so we ran the opposite way. Then we ended training with a little speech from the coach.
Image result for rugby training
I really enjoyed that I was able to break lines and also getting my tackles. What I didn't really enjoyed was always being really scared of the big runner.  Something I really need to work on is not being scared and trying to find a easier and effective way of tackling big people. Next time I can probably practice and practice to get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment